- Lynn, MA, USA
- Full Time
Greater Lynn Senior Services offers comprehensive medical and dental plans, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) retirement savings plan with agency contribution, employer paid life insurance, short term and long term disability available to all eligible employees upon date of hire. Greater Lynn Senior Services compensation package includes a competitive salary, yearly pay for performance salary increases, a generous vacation, holiday and sick time policy. Additional benefits include a wellness reimbursement, tuition reimbursement and wireless phone plan discount for all eligible employees.
Provide safe and efficient transportation services for Seniors and people living with disabilities. Escorts consumers to and from pick up and destination. Mobility Care Assistants are assigned to drive vans or sedans based upon personal preference and comfort. Assists consumers up and down one stair or curb. Assists consumers in wheelchairs with up to four parcels. Handles emergency situations involving consumers. Must abide by Agency operating policies as well as contractual policies and practices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Valid Massachusetts Driver's License which includes a clean driving record, a minimum of five (5) years U.S. driving experience and no surcharge-able accidents in the past three (3) years.
- No DUIs, OUIs or DWIs. GLSS's pre-employment conditions include passing a basic English reading and writing test, drug test, CORI background check and DOT physical.
- Available and able to work weekends and holidays.
- Sensitivity to the needs of Seniors and people living with disabilities.
- Must drive in all service areas including Boston and surrounding communities.
- Ability and willingness to drive all hours of the day and in all types of weather conditions is a requirement.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work within a union environment.
- Certified in First Aid specializing in adult, child and infant CPR. If not currently certified able to acquire certification.
Our Transportation Group is available to the consumers with 22 hours a day of coverage, 7 days a week. Nights, weekends, and holidays are required