Greater Lynn Senior Services provides a wide range of social services for elders and people with disabilities -- information, transportation, meals, advocacy, home care, housing, and more--for one reason: to help those 60 and older in Lynn, Lynnfield, Nahant, Saugus and Swampscott live fuller, more independent lives, safely and with dignity.
Per diem. Hours as needed.
The Medical Escort is responsible for escorting consumers to hospitals, or other medical facilities. The Medical Escort also assumes responsibility for communications while the transportation vehicle is in motion and reporting any incidents. This position will not provide medical interpretation for the consumer during the duration of the appointment. The Medical Escort will also assist consumers with scheduling medical appointments as needed.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Must have excellent communication and have the ability to make proper judgments
- Must be reliable, flexible, patient, compassionate, and demonstrate the ability follow instructions
- Successfully complete CPR and First Aid Certification Training
- Bilingual (Khmer or Vietnamese)
- Excellent time management skills required
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job
- Must have valid driver's license